- The first mover advantage is always a myth. 47% first movers fail! Google and Facebook started years later when there was Yahoo, Altavista, Myspace, Orkut, Friendster leading the ring. Improve. Only 8% of improvers failed to date. It’s Ok to be slow, different and better than to be fast.
- Self Doubt is paralyzing but Idea Doubt is energizing. It puts you into a test. That’s why I am in a fight with my inner self with trading versus IT business which is ruining me.
- One’s biggest regret is not their actions. It’s inactions. 85% people feel embarrassed about themselves that they don’t answer questions like ‘What’s your biggest regret in Life’.
Failing to run a business is a lot less risky than failing to start a business at all. Elon Musk admitted in numerous videos that he was certain that Tesla wasn’t expected to succeed and SpaceX’s first few launches will fail. But it was important not to stop trying.
- The greatest originals are the ones who fail the most because they are the ones who try the most.
Would you be interested in a Talking doll so creepy that will not only scare the child but also adults? The inventor must be a horrible piece of shit.
Well, it’s Thomas Alva Edison who made this creepy doll.
- Don’t stay satisfied with defaults. It’s a fact that Firefox and Chrome Users significantly outperform IE and Safari Users. In fact, the former group set has 15% longer job. It’s not because of the choice of browser.
It’s because of denying the default browsers that come bundled with Windows (IE), Mac (Safari). Their human nature wants improvement and hence leans towards hunting the better fit.
- Good friends are a luxury. Generally, you’re are not important to anyone at all. People interact mostly because they have needs from you. One that’s done. You’re forgotten.
I was reading “Originals” by Adam Grant lately. All facts written above was ripped off from here. But there are more charming examples. Here is one –
- Don’t let go of your doubt. Believe in ‘Vu Deja’. It’s opposite of Deja Vu. When you see something which you have seen many times before and all of a sudden you see it with fresh eyes – It’s called Vu Deja.
Here is the story of an old script which was not getting the green light for more than half a century. The main character was always the evil queen in all the rewritten forms of that story had.
Jennifer Lee didn’t like the fact and turned the villain into a tortured hero. The name of the movie is Frozen, one of the biggest blockbuster animated Hollywood movie.
- Keep Producing. Not all of us are Wanger. The theory is – ‘The more output you churn out, the more variety you get and the better are your chances of stumbling on something truly original’.
Here is the case from Classical Compositions. Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven generated lots of hundreds of compositions to get the greatest melodies. However, except Wanger. Well, not all of us are Wagner.
We all have fears and doubts; We all procrastinate; We all have bad ideas but motivate yourself by doubting the ideas and embracing the fear of failing to try.